Let’s get real, with the holidays right around the corner, the last thing you’re thinking about is losing weight…Tis the season of indulgent feasting.
But chances are, you are still thinking about maintaining your health while still enjoying a few servings of your aunt’s famous pumpkin pie.
So, here is some practical advice to keep in mind as you hustle through the holiday season with good health:
Eat the Pie…. It is okay!
We all know Thanksgiving is the carb-fest meal of the year, so to keep yourself and your health on track, be mindful about the choices you make up until the day of the feast…Then feast for the Holidays without the guilt.
Consider these Carb-swapping ideas:
▪ Rice/quinoa —> Cauliflower rice
▪ Noodles —> Zucchini noodles
▪ Roasted potatoes —> Roasted radishes
▪ Wraps —> Lettuce wraps
Take a rest day (or days) from the gym
Rest days are important for our muscles to heal and grow properly. And since you may have the whole family visiting from out of state for Thanksgiving, do not be afraid to swap out some gym-time for quality time with family and friends
Consider the following time-swaps:
▪ Join in on a 5k run fun fitness event
▪ Take a family walk after the big meal – a powerful way to connect with nature re ▪ Practice a little post-meal digestion yoga flow or a fun dance with your guest to add to the merriment of the season – celebrate with movement
Healthy & Happy Holidays to You
If you are looking for extra support with your mindset or nutrition this holiday season- it is not too late to join the Holiday Hustle Program. Click the Let’s Talk button to set up a FREE consultation for a NEW YEAR – NEW YOU!